Friday, August 13, 2010

A Summer with my brother


This is a really rough and spontaneous video we did where my nephew is recording. There will be a better one up soon hopefully. My Brother just bought a new guitar and a little recording device.

I was really hoping this summer would be filled with great music we could make and though I've written a lot of lyrics and melodies, life does get busy and my brother wasn't really as focused as I was. But that's okay. I know when the moment is right again, we'll make another great song we will be proud of.

When Jarrod and I are together, it feels like anything can happen. He has truly been my angel this summer. The big brother, and brother, I've always wanted. God granted me that this summer. In good timing too.

On Tuesday we hung out and after 5 mins of brainstorming we went to Disneyland where I obtained a pass. We had a little "spirits" with us, which made it all the more fun. Recreated a bit of his childhood memories since he hasn't been there since he was a child. And we both loved the fireworks... well I always do, but I was glad he enjoyed them too. We went home with great memories.

Jarrod has made this summer unforgettable. We've been unbelievably drunk together (while making this song), gone to the beach and spent time with Scott (my real dad), ate a ton of yogurt, shopping, bars, having great conversations and most importantly, had a ton of laughs. He taught me how to not to sweat the small stuff and brush it off my shoulder. He taught me how to laugh again as well.

I know he'll be leaving soon to have another adventure, and I'll miss him when he's gone. But I know when he does come home again, another Jarrod and Shan adventure will begin.

Love you Jarrod. Thanks for looking out for me

No comments:

Post a Comment