Monday, September 19, 2011

Out little hoot is growing up

It has been too long since my last blog, and for those of you who are hungry for some Sophie updates, my apologies. So I'll from where I last blogged, approximately.

Sophie turned 3 months on Aug 11. I dressed her in my 3 month outfit from when I was a baby because I thought it was appropriate

In August she started grabbing at toys and holding on to them fairly well (8/5) and she also started talking. We like to say she found her (8/12) voice because she would move her lips in a funny way and sometimes get so surprised by what was coming out. Here is a cute video for you to enjoy!



Later in the month Sophie started to grab at her feet (25th). She first did it when I was changing her diaper.
 And on the 27th of August, my 24th birthday, Sophie rolled from her back to belly for the first time. Needless to say, she does it all the time. Especially in her crib when she's fighting nap time.
Other happenings is that she has gotten really good at the army crawl or scoot. She goes backwards and forwards. Sophie also laughed for the first time in the beginning of September when Mama plays with her little thighs. She laughed for Papa a few days later when he was pushing on her tummy.

Well on another side note, on August 25th I finally had my surgery. It was WAY over due but it came and the healing process has gone much smoother. I would have to say that needing the surgery was both misery and a blessing because it allowed me to stay home with Sophie for the first 5 months (and I'd say the misery is pretty apparent). A couple days later was my birthday and I spend it in bed with my Sophie Dopey...

And later in the evening we went to my Mom and Pops place for a nice homemade dinner with the family.
Christian surprised me with a visit from Tanya, which was very nice.

Now Sophie is 4 months old! I can't believe it. I look at her and think: Wow, she's so beautiful and such a blessing. This year has been by far the hardest but I wouldn't change it for the world. Motherhood is really something else. It is the most rewarding and difficult task a person can ever experience. To go from thinking I would never have a baby to this beautiful child is just amazing.

Sophie is nearly 15 lbs and about 26 inches from our measurement. She has her 4 month check up on Thursday.


Our difficulties at the moment are bath time. She went from loving her bath to completely hating it. However, over the last week we have made some progress. It is a goal of mine to get her calm and semi-happy before the bath is through so that when she is done she is not crying (screaming).
Yesterday I noticed a little glimmer of a tooth in front and last week I felt one in the back. So teething is very present.
Sophie is definitely more of a happy baby compared to a month and a half ago. Crying has died down and playing is more of a go. She still enjoys going outside, walks and looking at herself in the mirror. That always cheers her up.

Next week I start school and two weeks later I start back at work, which I think will be the most challenging things for me. The longest I have been away from Sophie is 5 hours and that was not by choice. However, Christian will be able to spend 6 weeks with Sophie for Paid Family Leave, which is very important for their bonding time. He is very excited about it, as am I. But I have to admit that I am also nervous- for the both of us.

I'll leave you with the Sophie Dopey and her full head of hair

Hope you enjoyed!
~The Loewy's

No comments:

Post a Comment